Makin' Hay Minute: How to Choose the Correct Mower Conditioner

There are three types of mower conditioners available in the marketplace – rubber rollers, steel rollers or tine/flails. You are probably asking yourself: which mower is right for my operation and my hay crop? Should you choose a gentler option or a more aggressive option such as the tine/flail conditioner? Each type of mower conditioner has its own merits – it all depends on the type of hay crop you’re harvesting. Vermeer Makin’ Hay Minute host Bryan Setzer talks with forage expert Tim Schnakenberg, Agronomist from University of Missouri Extension, to discuss what to consider when choosing the right mower conditioner for your crop.